This post is sponsored by Alexia
Some things never change. It may be a new year, but we still want and need those quick and easy delicious dinners, am I right?
Among the most asked-for recipes on the blog is easy chicken dishes. Well, here ya go! I’ve got a quick and easy spiced baked chicken that’s done in less than 30 minutes – start to finish!
You can really use any spice combination that you like. I went ahead with a few of my classic faves. Salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder, smoked paprika, and dried oregano. Rather than baking it at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes like I normally do, I baked it at 425 degrees for half the time! By doing this, and allowing the chicken to rest for 10 minutes after it comes out of the oven, it created a juicy and tender chicken breast that my family went craaaaazy for!
But let’s get real. What’s a chicken breast without some killer sides?
For some veggies and a little more protein I roasted some broccoli and chickpeas. YUM. Love the combo.
And who says that just because of new years resolutions that we can’t have french fries? Let me tell you something. If you ARE gonna eat fries, these Alexia Smart Classics Roasted Crinkle Cut Fries are the way to go!
Yes, ROASTED! These smart fries are 98% fat-free and go straight from your freezer, into your oven, and directly into your mouth, without the guilt! And they’re just a mere 100 calories per serving! They use all-natural, premium ingredients to bring the freshest, best taste to your family table.
Don’t skimp out on taste when you can have a winner winner chicken dinner in no time!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1-2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 12 ounces broccoli florets
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 bag Alexia Roasted Smart Classics Crinkle Cut Fries
- 1) Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Brush the chicken breasts with the melted butter on both sides. In a small bowl, whisk together the salt, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, pepper, and oregano. Sprinkle both sides of the chicken with the spice mixture and place chicken in a baking dish.
- 2) Bake for 15-18 minutes until cooked through or 165 degrees on a meat thermometer. Remove from oven, cover lightly with foil and let rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- 1) Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray. Add the broccoli and chickpeas to the pan and toss with olive oil, salt, and garlic powder until well coated.
- 2) Bake in preheated 425 degree oven for 15-20 minutes until broccoli is cooked through and chickpeas begin to crisp.
- 1) Bake fries according to package. I cooked the whole bag at 425 degrees for 25-30 minutes.