It’s hardly a recipe. But, YUM!
I had a reader request a carb-free breakfast recipe without using eggs, and this is what I came up with! A quick and easy berry smoothie bowl that’s filling, high in antioxidants, and a great energy booster to help start your day! Challenge extended. Challenge accepted!
- 1/2 of a banana
- 3/4 cup mixed berries (I used frozen blackberries, raspberries, strawberries, and blueberries)
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 3/4 - 1 cup almond milk
- Sliced banana
- Chia seeds
- Shredded unsweetened coconut
- Slivered toasted almonds
- 1. In a blender, combine 1/2 of a banana, berries, yogurt, honey, and almond milk and blend until smooth.
- 2. Pour mixture into a bowl and top with desired toppings. As much or a little as you like!
- *If you use fresh berries then add a handful of ice to the smoothie.
- *Feel free to use any toppings you like!