You know what day it is… It’s PIZZA DAY! By now you guys should be well aware of my love and connection to Pizza Day. Reason number one, pizza! Duh. Reason number two, and most importantly, I celebrate Pizza Day to help honor two people close to my heart, who lost their lives far too soon. Click here for more info.
On the 15th of every month I post a new pizza recipe, and this one is my favorite so far! Everyone is well aware of my obsession with fresh corn these days. So I thought why not throw it on top of pizza? Genius.
Is it just me, or do you also want to eat ALL THE BURRATA? Like, all the burrata in the world. Why is it so incredibly good? I love the mix of the fresh mozzarella with the creamy burrata on this pizza. Classic and perfect.
I mean come on! It doesn’t get much better than this. Tastes like summer on a pizza.
- 1 recipe your favorite pizza dough (or store bought), at room temperature
- 3 tablespoon marinara or pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup freshly grated mozzarella cheese
- Handful of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8 ounces burrata
- 2 ears of corn, kernels cut off the cob
- Torn basil, sea salt, & red pepper flakes for garnish
- 1) Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Spread the dough into a circle on a lightly oiled sheet pan.
- 2) Add the sauce and mozzarella cheese and cook for 10-12 minutes until cheese is bubbly and crust is golden.
- 3) Remove from oven and immediately add the burrata, tomatoes, corn, basil, a pinch of sea salt, and a pinch of red pepper flakes. Serve and enjoy!
Best day ever.
Click here for the pizza recipe from last month!