When I was a kid, we used to go to Rehoboth Beach every summer for 2 weeks. Yep, Delaware. Hi, I’m in Delaware. (Name that movie). This place holds so many incredible childhood memories for me. There isn’t anything about it that doesn’t make me smile. From the quaint little town, to the classic boardwalk, this place is my idea of summer fun. Oh, and the food? Some of my all-time favorite foods come from Rehoboth Beach!
Every morning my mom would get up early and go for a long walk. She would come back, having stopped at the local bakery, with boxes filled with pastries, and the worlds BEST blueberry muffins.
You guys, these muffins were the greatest things ever. And while the muffins I’ve created today are not exactly like the ones I remember, it’s where my inspiration came from which makes them oh-so-speical.
Let’s discuss what makes THESE muffins so special. The sugar. You guys… This sugar is perfection. I teamed up with T-Sugars to make these classic blueberry muffins, and a very generous sprinkle of their gourmet Cassonade Sugar is exactly what these muffins need.
Honestly, I could (and did), eat it by the spoonful! It’s not too sweet, has great texture, and it’s the perfect topping to this moist, fluffy, and nostalgic blueberry muffin.
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest (1 lemon)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled (1 stick)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup blueberries
- T-Sugar Cassonade Sugar for sprinkling on top
- 1) Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a muffin pan with muffin cups or grease with cooking spray. In a large bowl whisk the flour, sugar, lemon zest, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- 2) In a medium bowl whisk the melted butter, eggs, buttermilk, and vanilla. Pour wet ingredients into dry and gently mix until just combined. Batter will be slightly lumpy. Fold in the blueberries. Scoop into muffin tin and bake for 18-20 minutes. Remove from oven and generously sprinkle the Cassonade Sugar on top!
- *Make sure all your ingredients are at room temperature.
Have one! Or ten!