Sometimes ugly food is the best kind.
Or a delicious pot of chicken curry that sometimes looks like a pile of yellow who knows what?!
Or this corn pudding.
It may not be the prettiest food I’ve ever made, but I promise, there won’t be a single bite left.
Can we say SUMMER?!
- 1 (15 oz) can creamed corn
- 1 (12 oz) can evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 4 tablespoons softened butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1) Preheat oven to 450 degrees. In a large mixing bowl pour together all the ingredients and whisk until well combined.
- 2) Pour mixture into a baking dish (either 8 or 9 inch round, or 8x8 or 9x9 square). Sprinkle topping over the corn mixture and bake for 45 minutes. It should be bubbly and hot, with the center starting to firm up. The corn pudding will look a little jiggly, but will become more firm as it cools. This is best served at room temperature or slightly warm.
- 1) Mash together the butter, brown sugar and cinnamon. (If the butter is cold, I find using clean hands is the best way to do this.
- *Recipe can easily be doubled. Just use a larger baking dish and increase baking time another 15 or 20 minutes.