OH-EM-GEE. Favorite new chicken recipe, right here folks! Yep, this is the one. The quick and easy recipe the whole family will love! Kids too!
Have I sold you yet? This chicken is soaked in buttermilk (overnight if you wish), then lightly dredged in flour, egg, and cornflake crumbs! It’s all about those cornflake crumbs! Basically, it’s like a giant homemade chicken nugget. Yes please.
I know with back to school happening, weeknights can be a bit cray cray. Lighten your load a little and add this to the weekly rotation.
And if I were you, I’d double the recipe. Makes great leftovers for lunch the next day!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken cutlets
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 ½ cups corn flake crumbs or panko
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 4 thin slices of lemon
1) Place the chicken and buttermilk in a large zip lock bag and coat well. Place in the fridge to sit for at least 4 hours or up to overnight.
2) Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
3) In a shallow bowl combine the flour, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Beat the eggs in a separate shallow bowl and set aside. Add the cornflake crumbs and the parmesan onto a third shallow bowl. Line up the three bowls creating an assembly line. First the flour mixture, then the eggs, then the cornflakes.
4) Working with one at a time, dredge the chicken breasts in the flour, dip into eggs, then dredge in cornflakes, pressing to coat. Make sure to shake off any excess after dipping in each bowl. Place the chicken on the prepared baking sheet and repeat with remaining chicken.
5) Add a small pat of butter on top of each chicken breast. Bake for 12 minutes, then turn chicken over and bake for another 12-15 minutes until chicken is cooked through and golden brown. Garnish each piece of chicken with a slice of lemon and chopped parsley.