Um, hi. I made you french fries. You’re welcome. In case you haven’t heard, it’s Jen’s birthday month! So for all our collaborative recipes this month, we’ll be making some of her favorite foods, and we’re gonna make them way healthier for you! First up, french fries!
Because, french fries.
Let’s talk about the secret to these perfectly crisp fries. I mean, seriously. Look Just look at those toasted edges!
Have you guys ever used an air fryer? It’s kind of amazing. It makes food really quickly, crispy, and with minimal fat! You get fried food, without actually frying! YES.
Basically, it’s a genius machine. The good news is, if you don’t own one of these bad boys, you can absolutely make these in the oven. Don’t worry, I got your back.
Take that, Tuesday.
- 2 russet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 small clove garlic minced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons cup buttermilk
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- A few large squirts of sriracha
1) Peel the potatoes and slice into thin sticks. Lay on paper towels and blot to absorb as much moisture as possible.
2) Add the potatoes to a large bowl and toss with the oil. Place potatoes in the air fryer basket in one single layer. Cook at 400 degrees for 18-22 minutes. Open the air fryer half way through cooking and shake around.
3) Once cooked, add fries to a bowl and immediately sprinkle with salt and paprika. Continue to air fry potatoes in once single layer until they're all done. Serve with any or all of the dipping sauces!
1) Whisk all the ingredients in a small pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until desired thickness.
1) Mix together all the ingredients.
1) Whisk together all the ingredients.
*You can also make these in the oven. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and bake for 18-22 minutes, tossing halfway, until crisp and cooked through.
I LOVE when you make my recipes, and I want to see your final creations! Make sure you hashtag #lifeisbutadish or tag me @lifeisbutadish on Instagram, so I can join the party!