Raise your hand if you love Ramen?
I’m talking like the old school rock hard block of crunchy noodles, found in most college dorm rooms. The ones that you mixed with water and a sketchy spice packet to create the most delicious bowl of noodles. EVER.
Come oooooooooon. Don’t be shy! I admit to it too! We’ve all been there. Heck, if my hubs had it his way we would be eating Chef Boyardee in some way, shape or form at least twice a week!
Why are they so good? WHY???
Is it a nostalgia thing, or are they actually delicious?
This crunchy asian broccoli slaw salad is Uh-MAZING! For sure my go-to pot luck dish for the summer.
It’s got so many awesome, fresh summer flavors and textures. I’m aaaaaaaaaall about the textures when it comes to food. Especially salads. I need that crunch to balance the delicate lettuce, creamy avocado, and ripe mango. And THIS IS IT.
And the mango? Genius.
It’s tossed with this quick and easy soy sesame dressing that will rock your socks.
- 2 (3 ounce) bags of Ramen Noodles, crumbled (you will not use the spice packets)
- 1/2 cup raw sliced almonds
- 1 (12 ounce) bag of broccoli slaw (or any bag of coleslaw mix)
- 1 cup shelled and cooked edamame
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 mango, diced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced scallions (I use the white and light green parts)
- 1 small apple, sliced into sticks
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1-2 teaspoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
- 1) Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Crumble the ramen noodles onto a large dry sheet pan. Discard spice packets. Add the almonds and toss to combine. Cook for 5 minutes, remove and toss lightly. Put back in the oven for 2-3 minutes watching carefully to make sure they don't burn! Set aside.
- 2) In a large bowl add the broccoli slaw, edamame, avocado, mango, scallions and apple. Toss with the dressing, then add the ramen mixture and toss lightly. Serve immediately!
- 1) In a bowl whisk together the oil, honey, vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, lemon juice, and salt until well combined.
- * If you are making this salad ahead of time you can toss everything together except the avocado and ramen mixture. Add those right before serving.