Don’t knock it ’til you try it.
I guess the question isn’t can you, but WILL you? You should. It’s goooood.
I’m in love with this idea for summer! It’s fun, different, and a whole heck of a lot better for you than a burger piled high (not that I’m one to judge). But it’s nice to have a change of pace once in a while.
This is like the modern day version of the wedge salad. And who doesn’t love a good wedge?
Shoe, or salad!
- 2 heads romaine lettuce, cut in half lengthwise
- Olive oil for brushing
- 3/4 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice (1 lemon)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1) Preheat the grill to medium/high heat. Brush the surface of the romaine with olive oil and grill about 4 to 5 minutes total, turning occasionally. Place each wedge on a salad plate and top with tomatoes, corn, goat cheese, and avocado, dividing the toppings among the 4 wedges.
- 2) Drizzle the dressing over each grilled wedge and serve!
- 1) In a bowl whisk together the lemon juice, red wine vinegar, salt, and mustard. Slowly add the olive oil and whisk until well combined.
Get jiggy with it.