When it comes to pizza, I think the simpler the better. A classic cheese pizza is definitely my go-to. A good one of course. Although I’ll never say no to pizza.
But there’s something about the simplicity of mushroom, garlic, and spinach that I’m OBSESSED with. This pizza is legit.
Also, it’s super garlicky. So if that’s not your thing, either back off the garlic a bit, or omit it completely. But if thats the case, I’m not sure we can be friends.
Speaking of friends, I love how many people come together each month to celebrate Pizza Day! It’s truly incredible, and I thank all of you who have taken on this tradition with me.
So, cheers to Pizza Day. Garlic breath and all.
- 1 recipe your favorite pizza dough or store bought, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- Handful chopped fresh spinach
- Top with fresh basil and red pepper flakes
1) Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Spread the dough into a circle on a lightly oiled sheet pan.
2) Brush oil onto pizza dough. Sprinkle on evenly the garlic, cheese, mushrooms, and spinach. Bake for 10-12 minutes until cheese is bubbly and crust is golden.
3) Remove from oven and top with fresh torn basil and red pepper flakes.