Winning! Guilt free pancakes are always a win.
These cakes are filled with nothing but goodness, and it’s the perfect way to start your day. DO IT!
But there’s no need to pile on the heavy whipped cream, syrup, and sugar when you can top it with this gorgeous strawberry chia jam. YAAAAAAS!!!
So do yourself (and your body) a favor. Make these today, tomorrow, or this weekend.
- 3/4 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- 3 teaspoons chia seeds
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk, very cold (refrigerated overnight)
- 1 teaspoon powdered sugar
- 1) Add the oats, cottage cheese, eggs, vanilla, salt, baking powder, and maple syrup into a blender. Blend until batter is smooth.
- 2) Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat and spray lightly with cooking spray. Scoop spoonfuls of batter (whatever size you want) into the pan and cook for about 1-2 minutes (small bubbles may appear on the surface of the pancake), then flip and cook for another 1-2 minutes until lightly browned on the other side. Continue with the rest of the batter, then serve immediately topped with the strawberry chia jam and coconut whipped cream!
- 1) In a blender or mini food processor, combine the strawberries, maple syrup, and chia seeds until it's a chunky sauce consistency. Store in the fridge for at least 2 hours or up to overnight before serving.
- 1) Remove can of coconut milk from the fridge, open it and pour out the liquid. Scoop the firm coconut meat into a bowl and beat with an electric mixer on medium/high speed until it's completely whipped and thick. Add the powdered sugar and beat until just combined.
- *The strawberry jam can be served right away, but the texture becomes more jam-like the longer it sits, so it's best to let it rest overnight in the fridge.
So hot right now.