Hello, my new go-to fall side dish. I love you so much. This is another recipe that happened by accident. Another clean out my fridge, throw everything on a sheet pan into the oven and see what happens.
Also, snow peas?I kind of love you too. TOTALLY overrated. Lately I’ve been all about the snap peas, which by the way you can definitely use. But I was trying to be a little different…Huge success.
They’ve got a slightly different texture than the snap peas, and I love how they puff up ever so slightly in this recipe. I recently made this for my giant Rosh Hashanah dinner last weekend, and it was definitely a crowd pleaser.
I’m a sucker for a great side dish, and the fact that it’s green is a huge plus.
Add some crunch with the almonds and I’d say we’re winning at life right now.
- 1 10 ounce bag of shaved brussels sprouts
- 1 9 ounce bag of snow peas
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil or olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
1) Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Add the brussels sprouts, snow peas, oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder to a sheet pan, and toss until evenly coated. Roast in the oven for 20-25 minutes, then remove and add the almonds before serving.