Because what’s spring (and summer!) without some beautiful asparagus? This is one of those recipes that’s great to have because it’s simple, delicious, and goes with anything!
Find yourself some pretty asparagus. Here I used a mixture of white and green thanks to Melissa’s Produce, thanks Melissa’s! You can totally use all green, or all white, whatever you like.
Toss those puppies with a little olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder, and pop ’em in a hot oven for the best ever simple side dish of the season!
- 1 pound asparagus
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- 1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Trim the bottom ends of the asparagus. Lay the asparagus on a large baking sheet and toss with the olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- 2) Roast in the oven for 12-15 minutes, depending on the thickness of your asparagus. Remove from oven and add a squeeze of fresh lemon juice. Serve and enjoy!
- *You can also cook these on the grill instead of in the oven. Just keep an eye on them and move them around occasionally so they don't burn. Possibly even shorten the cooking time if your grill is really hot.