Ok you guys, January is behind us and we’re well into the new year. How many of you have kept your New Years resolutions? I know it’s tough. It’s hard to set a goal and keep working toward that goal for an entire year! That’s why so many people end up breaking their own promises 😔 For me, it’s all about the balance. You can still eat well and feel good without missing out on all the delicious foods we know and love!
My heart has a soft spot for taco dip. Technically, it’s the seven layer dip. But growing up we used to have taco dip at every team dinner before our high school soccer games. It was the one dish EVERYONE looked forward to. There’s nothing fancy about it, nothing special, it’s just simple, easy, and delicious.
With the big gamel just days away I thought this was the perfect dip to serve. I’ve lightened it up just a bit to help keep your New Year promises on track. And to make this game day snack even better, I’m serving it with these Lentil Chips by Simply7.
I love that Simply7 snacks uses clean ingredients, there are no added preservatives, artificial colors or flavors, and they’re gluten free! So you can feel good about snacking PLUS they’re delicious.
Go ahead and gather up your friends and family because this dip and chips are where it’s at for game day!
- 1 (15 ounce) can of refried beans
- 1 (16 ounce) jar of salsa (I used a mild, chunky salsa but any salsa is fine)
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 1 cup guacamole (see note below)
- 3/4 cup cheese
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- Simply7 Lentil Sea Salt Chips
- 1) In an 8x8 or 9x9 dish begin to layer the ingredients evenly. Start with the refried beans, then the salsa, yogurt, guacamole and cheese. Top with diced tomatoes and sprinkle with scallions and cilantro. Serve with Simply7 Lentil Sea Salt Chips.
- * Dip can be made up to 2 days in advance and stored on the fridge.
- * You can use any guacamole you like. I made a simple homemade guac using 3 avocados and mashed it with lime juice, cilantro, salt and pepper.