My 30-Minute Turkey Quinoa Chili is packed with hearty beans, veggies, lean ground turkey, and a little quinoa. It’s our favorite chili recipe!
I’m so happy right now. This is my FAVORITE time of year. And I’m not gonna let the 90 degree weather in Southern California ruin my fun. We’re officially two days away from fall and I’m making ALL the fall food. Including this Turkey Quinoa Chili.
I love myself a good hearty chili. Last year I made this Slow Cooker Sweet Potato & Chicken Chili and it’s still one of my favorites. Then you have my mother-in-laws famous chili, which will forever be a family fave. And then you have this recipe.
Packed with hearty beans, veggies, lean ground turkey, and a little quinoa. Jen and I created this recipe for you and love so many things about it! First of all, it takes just 30 minutes to make. Perfect for a quick weeknight meal.
Or you totally have the option of making Turkey Quinoa Chili in the slow cooker! It’s kinda the best of both worlds.
This recipe makes delicious leftovers for lunch the next day, and freezes great as well! You could pair it with my Comfort Cornbread for the best fall meal EVER.
We hope this becomes your new go-to chili recipe. It’s definitely ours.
30 Minute Turkey Quinoa Chili
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion small dice
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 poblano pepper diced
- 1 pound ground turkey meat
- 2 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 28 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 can red kidney beans rinsed and drained
- 1 can cannellini beans rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- Sour Cream or Greek Yogurt
- Shredded Cheese
- Heat oil over medium/high heat in a large pot. Add the onion and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the garlic, bell pepper, and poblano pepper and cook another 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the ground turkey, chili powder, cumin, oregano, red pepper flakes, and salt. Cook for about 5 minutes, breaking up the meat until it starts to brown.
- Add the diced tomatoes, chicken stock, beans, and quinoa. Stir to combine. Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes, until quinoa is cooked. Serve hot with your favorite toppings!
When you try a recipe, use the hashtag #lifeisbutadish on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured in my stories! Follow Life is but a Dish on PINTEREST | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM for all the latest content and behind the scenes!
Remember to subscribe to my free Life is but a Dish Weekly Newsletter and receive easy recipes delivered to your inbox every week!