My 30-Minute Turkey Quinoa Chili is packed with hearty beans, veggies, lean ground turkey, and a little quinoa. It's our favorite chili recipe!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion (small dice)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 red bell pepper (diced)
- 1 poblano pepper (diced)
- 1 pound ground turkey meat
- 2 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 28 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 can red kidney beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 can cannellini beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- Sour Cream or Greek Yogurt
- Shredded Cheese
- Heat oil over medium/high heat in a large pot. Add the onion and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the garlic, bell pepper, and poblano pepper and cook another 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the ground turkey, chili powder, cumin, oregano, red pepper flakes, and salt. Cook for about 5 minutes, breaking up the meat until it starts to brown.
- Add the diced tomatoes, chicken stock, beans, and quinoa. Stir to combine. Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes, until quinoa is cooked. Serve hot with your favorite toppings!
* To make this in the slow cooker, first brown the onions and turkey meat in a pan with a little olive oil. Then add to the slow cooker with the remaining ingredients and cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 7 hours.