I feel like I say this every month, but I cannot believe it’s fall. Like, it’s officially fall! And rather than going for all things pumpkin, I’m diving head first into apples.
This baked apple oatmeal is pretty much the perfect transition. It’s easy to make, perfect for breakfast or a weekend brunch. It’s 100% an item I’ll add to my fall recipe list.
Another thing I love about this recipe is you can adapt it by using any in season fruit that you like! To me, this apple version smells like heaven, and feels like home.
Let’s take a minute to discuss the decadence that is drizzled over this oatmeal.
I can’t even tell you how obsessed I am with this Belgian Cassonade Syrup. T-Sugars hit a home run with this one. It’s a caramelized brown sugar syrup that takes this dish to a whole new level. Also, it comes in a no-drip bottle, which is most definitely speaking to my inner Type A. No mess! No sticky bottle, no sticky hands!
I know what you’re making for breakfast tomorrow!
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup toasted pecans (chopped)
- 1/3 cup toasted walnuts (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 gala apples (1 diced and 1 thinly sliced)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- T-Sugars’ Belgian Cassonade Syrup for drizzling on top
- 1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 9×9 inch baking dish and set aside.
- 2) In a bowl combine the oats, pecans, walnuts, cinnamon, baking powder, hemp seeds, and salt.
- 3) In a separate bowl whisk together the almond milk, maple syrup, eggs, butter, and vanilla.
- 4) Scatter the diced apple on the bottom of the baking dish. Cover the apples with the oat mixture and spread out evenly. Pour the milk mixture over the oats, gently pressing down to make sure all the oats are covered and soaked. Top with sliced apples and sprinkle with 2 teaspoons of sugar.
- 5) Bake for 40-45 minutes and serve warm with a drizzle of the Belgian Cassonade Syrup. DELISH!
Adapted from Cookie & Kate