This easy Baked Baked Multigrain Blackberry French Toast is perfect to make ahead for a crowd. It’s hearty, sweet and absolutely delicious!
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, (at room temperature)
- 10 eggs
- 2 3/4 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 cups 1-inch diced multigrain bread (loaf)
- 12 ounces fresh blackberries
- Real Maple syrup for serving
- Grease a 9×13 inch oval baking dish with the butter and set aside. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, sugar, brown sugar, vanilla, lemon zest, and salt.
- Spread half of the diced bread in the baking dish. Spread on the blackberries in one layer. Top with the rest of the bread and pour on the egg mixture, pressing lightly to moisten the bread. Cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 1 hour or up to overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Bake for 60-70 minutes, until the custard is set and the top is puffed and browned. Check after 45 minutes. If the top is getting too browned, cover lightly with foil. Cool for 10 minutes, and serve with real maple syrup if desired!
Adapted from My Baked Raspberry French Toast