I don’t know about you, but there’s never a time of year when I don’t want comfort food. Winter, spring, summer or fall, gimme all the pasta, soups and freshly baked breads! That’s why I went ahead and made you this easy peasy Cheesy Baked Spring Rigatoni.
The best part about this dish is that there’s a mega shortcut. I use Tillamook’s Cheese Sauce Starter Kits which literally takes minutes to pull together and creates a creamy, cheesy sauce in no time.
Then you literally just mix it together with some hot pasta and sautéed spring veggies and you’ve got yourself some spring time comfort food!
Of course I go ahead and add even more cheese on there before baking, because well, more is more. At least when it comes to cheese! I can’t wait for you guys to try this!
Baked Pasta with spring vegetables and loads of cheese for a hearty and satisfying spring comfort dish.
- 1 pound rigatoni pasta (or any short pasta)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced (I used crimini)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 1/2 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- 1 package Tillamook Creamy Alfredo Sauce Starter
- 1 cup cold milk
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Once boiling, add a large pinch of salt and cook pasta according to package. Drain and set aside until needed.
- Heat a large pan over medium/high heat and add the olive oil and asparagus and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the mushrooms, salt, garlic powder and thyme and cook for another 5-7 minutes until veggies are tender. Add the garlic and peas and cook for 1 more minute. Add the veggies to the cooked pasta and set aside.
- In the same pan make the cheese sauce according to the package. Pour the cheese sauce over the pasta/veggie mixture and toss to coat.
- Pour the pasta into a lightly greased 9×13 baking dish. Sprinkle the top with parmesan and cheddar. Bake at 400 degrees for about 15-20 minutes or until bubbly.