Baked Pasta with spring vegetables and loads of cheese for a hearty and satisfying spring comfort dish.
- 1 pound rigatoni pasta (or any short pasta)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced (I used crimini)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 1/2 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- 1 package Tillamook Creamy Alfredo Sauce Starter
- 1 cup cold milk
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Once boiling, add a large pinch of salt and cook pasta according to package. Drain and set aside until needed.
- Heat a large pan over medium/high heat and add the olive oil and asparagus and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the mushrooms, salt, garlic powder and thyme and cook for another 5-7 minutes until veggies are tender. Add the garlic and peas and cook for 1 more minute. Add the veggies to the cooked pasta and set aside.
- In the same pan make the cheese sauce according to the package. Pour the cheese sauce over the pasta/veggie mixture and toss to coat.
- Pour the pasta into a lightly greased 9×13 baking dish. Sprinkle the top with parmesan and cheddar. Bake at 400 degrees for about 15-20 minutes or until bubbly.