I can’t believe we’re already here! How it is MAY??!!?? Time is literally flying by my eyeballs and I just can’t slow it down. Having said that, Cinco de Mayo is just days away and I made you margaritas!
You’re welcome. I don’t know if there’s any drink that’s more festive than a margarita? Don’t they just make you wanna smile, chill out, and eat all the chips and guac on the planet?! I mean, that’s certainly how I feel.
And if you ask me, there’s nothing more delish than a homemade cocktail. No margarita mix necessary! It’s that simple!
This recipe actually comes from a blogger friend of mine, Deborah from Clever Little Madam who happens to be a cocktail GENIUS! You must must must check out her post about throwing your own Cinco de Mayo party. She totally nailed it!
These cherry margaritas are nothing more than a classic marg with a drizzle of pureed frozen cherries. I’m so totally into it!!
- Yield: 3 1x
- 8 ounces fresh lime juice (about 7 limes)
- 8 ounces tequila (if you don’t want it as strong, use 7 ounces)
- 8 ounces Cointreau (can also use St. Germaine)
- ½ cup frozen pitted cherries
- 1) In a pitcher, stir together the fresh lime juice, tequila, and Cointreau.
- 2) Blend the cherries with a little bit of ice or water until just blended.
- 3) Pour the margarita mixture into a glass with ice, and stir in a spoonful of the cherry puree. Serve immediately!
*Recipe can easily be doubled, tripled, or more for a large crowd!!
Adapted from Clever Little Madam
Leave a comment & rate this recipe