- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks, at room temperature)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Process oats in a food processor or blender until finely ground. Combine ground oats, flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a bowl and set aside.
- 2) In a separate bowl, cream butter, sugars, vanilla, and lemon juice together. Add eggs and beat until fluffy.
- 3) Slowly add the flour mixture into the butter mixture. Mix well. Add chocolate chips and stir.
- 4) Scoop dough into round balls and place 2 inches apart on parchment paper lined baking sheet. Bake until lightly browned, about 9-11 minutes.