I’m kind of in love with this. And here’s why. It’s quick, simple, flavorful, and healthy, especially as far as pizza goes! Also, it’s super versatile! Use any leftover veggies you want to make this the pizza of your dreams.
Jen and I love coming up with quick and easy recipes that are also transformational, meaning a better-for-you version of something that’s typically not so healthy.
SO…today we used this Flatout Flatbread as our pizza crust! There are several different flavors, but this pizza is made with their Sea Salt & Crushed Black Pepper flavor. YES PLEASE! Each serving contains 12 grams of protein and just 10 grams of net carbs! I’d say those are way better numbers than your average pizza!
Plus, if you’re a thin crust person, this recipe is right up your alley. Thin, crispy, flavorful, and don’t be shy… These puppies hold quite a bit of toppings.
Treat yourself this week and make some pizza!
- 1/4 of a red onion (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 small zucchini (thinly sliced)
- 2 shitake mushrooms (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 red bell pepper (thinly sliced)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Large pinch of salt
- 2 Flatout Flat Breads (Sea Salt & Cracked Black Pepper flavor)
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 handful fresh spinach
- 2 tablespoons crumbled goat cheese
- 1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees. On a large sheet pan toss the onion, zucchini, mushrooms, bell pepper and garlic with the olive oil, salt and a pinch of pepper. Roast for 12-15 minutes, tossing halfway through.
- 2) Meanwhile, brush the flatbreads with olive oil, lay on a lightly greased sheet pan and set aside.
- 3) Remove veggies from oven and toss in a handful of fresh spinach. Bake the flatbreads for 3-4 minutes. Remove from oven and add the mozzarella, top with veggies and sprinkle on goat cheese. Place back in the oven and cook for 4-5 more minutes until cheese is melted. Slice and serve!
This post was sponsored by Flatout Flatbread. All opinions here are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that help make Life is but a Dish possible.