Am I the only one who’s obsessed with eating bowls right now? Not actual bowls, guys. Food bowls. Like, bowls filled with a variety of foods. Are you with me? You’re with me. Let’s talk about what makes a really great bowl. You wanna know the secret don’t you? It’s simple. Really good quality ingredients. Seems easy enough, right? If you’re able to use the best quality proteins and the freshest veggies, your bowls will already be one step ahead of the rest. That’s why this Easy Broiled Salmon Bowl w/ Asparagus & Rainbow Chard is killin’ it today.
Now, where to find these amazing ingredients you ask? Well, there’s more than one answer. Lots of these high quality foods can be found at certain grocery stores, or your local farmers markets. But for this recipe I ordered everything online from an amazing company called Milk & Eggs.
Milk & Eggs is currently local to LA and Orange County and has one main goal… To connect customers to great farmers. All of their fruits, veggies, dairy, eggs and meats are the freshest available, locally acquired and straight from the farm to your front door. I mean, how cool is that?
Not only are you able to order your produce, they also have many of your other grocery needs as well.
I had a hard time deciding what to order for my first round, so I decided to stick with simple, healthy ingredients. The incredible rainbow chard and beautiful asparagus were the perfect choice for this vibrant bowl.
The salmon was hands down some of the best I’ve ever had, and it arrived already cut into individual portions. My kids GOBBLED it up and were begging for more!
Ok so, how to make a bowl. You can be creative, adding whatever veggies and/or grains you like. The star of the show here is the broiled salmon. Quick, easy, and so flavorful.
You’ll never make salmon another way again and your bowl is ready in minutes!
Thank you Milk & Eggs for making dinner even easier and a whole lot tastier!Print
Broiled salmon ready in minutes, served over lemony greens and asparagus.
- 2 (6 ounce) wild salmon fillets
- olive oil
- 1 bunch asparagus
- lemon pepper
- 1 bunch rainbow chard, stems removed and chopped
- 1/2 fresh lemon
- cooked brown rice (optional)
- Preheat oven on the broil setting. Place a piece of foil on a baking sheet and place the salmon on top. Brush lightly with olive oil and sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper. Place under the broiler for 7-9 minutes.
- Place the asparagus on a baking sheet and drizzle with 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon of lemon pepper. Set aside until salmon is done cooking.
- While salmon cooks, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to a large pan over medium heat. Add the rainbow chard and a pinch of salt and cook until the greens begin to wilt. Cook for about 3-4 minutes then remove from heat and squeeze over some fresh lemon juice.
- When salmon comes out of the oven, let it rest while you broil the asparagus. Place the prepped asparagus under the broiler for 3-5 minutes. Remove and chop into 1 inch pieces.
- If serving over brown rice, divide the rice into two bowls, then add some rainbow chard and asparagus to each. Top with broiled salmon, another squeeze of lemon and serve!
All the ingredients here were ordered from Milk & Eggs!
This post is sponsored by Milk & Eggs. All opinions are my own.