Broiled salmon ready in minutes, served over lemony greens and asparagus.
- 2 (6 ounce) wild salmon fillets
- olive oil
- 1 bunch asparagus
- lemon pepper
- 1 bunch rainbow chard, stems removed and chopped
- 1/2 fresh lemon
- cooked brown rice (optional)
- Preheat oven on the broil setting. Place a piece of foil on a baking sheet and place the salmon on top. Brush lightly with olive oil and sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper. Place under the broiler for 7-9 minutes.
- Place the asparagus on a baking sheet and drizzle with 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon of lemon pepper. Set aside until salmon is done cooking.
- While salmon cooks, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to a large pan over medium heat. Add the rainbow chard and a pinch of salt and cook until the greens begin to wilt. Cook for about 3-4 minutes then remove from heat and squeeze over some fresh lemon juice.
- When salmon comes out of the oven, let it rest while you broil the asparagus. Place the prepped asparagus under the broiler for 3-5 minutes. Remove and chop into 1 inch pieces.
- If serving over brown rice, divide the rice into two bowls, then add some rainbow chard and asparagus to each. Top with broiled salmon, another squeeze of lemon and serve!
All the ingredients here were ordered from Milk & Eggs!