Simple chicken kabobs using the liquid from fresh feta cheese as a brine!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed into 1 inch pieces
- 1 10.5 ounce fresh feta cheese, in water
- 1/4 red onion, sliced
- 1 handful parsley, chopped
- 6–7 mint leaves
- 3 springs fresh thyme
Feta Cheese Sauce
- feta cheese
- 1 handful parsley
- 2–3 mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1/4 – 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- Add the cubed chicken to a bowl and pour over the liquid from the feta container. Add the red onion, parsley, mint and thyme and make sure all the chicken is covered in the marinade. Cover and place in the fridge for 2-24 hours.
- Meanwhile, make the feta cheese sauce. In a blender or food processor, add half of the cheese (save the rest to crumble on top of the chicken), a handful of parsley, mint, thyme and lime juice. Blend until smooth. Keep in fridge until ready to use.
- If using wooden skewers, soak them in warm water for 20-30 minutes before grilling. Preheat your grill to medium/high heat. When ready to grill, thread 3 or 4 chicken cubes on each skewer. Lightly grease the grill and cook skewers for 12-15 minutes, turning frequently.
- Remove and serve with crumbled feta and cheese sauce! You can use the sauce to dip, or to brush on the chicken before serving.