These are fun.
Basically, just take your favorite Halloween candy, and throw it into these cookies. How bad can that be? I love how you can see all the candy chunks just trying to poke through the cookies. Each bite is a surprise!
I also decided to make them monster size! I used a large ice cream scoop to form the cookies, so they’re almost the size of my hand. Giant, soft, gooey, sugary deliciousness. A great treat to bring to your Halloween parties this weekend, and an even better option for using up all your leftover Halloween candy.
- 2 sticks unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Approximately 1 cup chopped of your favorite candy
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream together the butter, sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Add the vanilla and eggs, one at a time until well blended.
2) In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. In three additions slowly add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, mixing until just combined. Mix in the chopped candy.
3) Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and scoop the cookies onto the tray about 2 inches apart. I decided to make large cookies and used a large ice cream scooper to make even sized scoops. Bake cookies for 12-14 minutes. Do not over bake! Cookies will continue to cook slightly once they come out of the oven. Let cookies rest on cookie sheet for 1-2 minutes before moving to cooling rack.