- 2 sticks unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Approximately 1 cup (chopped of your favorite candy)
- 1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream together the butter, sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Add the vanilla and eggs, one at a time until well blended.
- 2) In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. In three additions slowly add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, mixing until just combined. Mix in the chopped candy.
- 3) Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and scoop the cookies onto the tray about 2 inches apart. I decided to make large cookies and used a large ice cream scooper to make even sized scoops. Bake cookies for 12-14 minutes. Do not over bake! Cookies will continue to cook slightly once they come out of the oven. Let cookies rest on cookie sheet for 1-2 minutes before moving to cooling rack.
*I used Snickers, Kit Kat, M&M’s, Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, Twix, and Snickers. But feel free to use any combination of candy that you like!