- 1 pound block of parmigiano-reggiano cheese (grated (about 4 cups grated))
- 2 heads romaine lettuce (chopped)
- 1 cup cubed sourdough bread (crust removed – day old bread works best)
- 1–2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon worchestire sauce
- 1/3 cup canola oil
For the parmesan cups
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with a nonstick Silpat, or parchment paper. Scoop one heaping tablespoon of cheese onto the baking mat and pat down slightly. Repeat until there are about 4 cheese mounds on the sheet. Leave at least 2 inches between each one to allow for spreading! Bake for 5-7 minutes until cheese is bubbly and just slightly golden.
- Remove from oven and let cool for about 1 minute, then carefully remove each flattened cheese disk and gently lay over an upside down muffin tin to form the cups. If needed, use a paper towel to gently press down on the edges to help form the cups. Let cups cool completely on the muffin tins before removing.
For the breadcrumbs
- Add the cubed bread to a food processor and pulse until large crumbs appear. Pour onto a baking sheet and toss with olive oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Toast in a 375 degree oven for 3-5 minutes until golden brown. Remove and let cool.
For the dressing
- Whisk together the garlic, mayo, mustard, vinegar, lemon juice, worchestire, canola, and a pinch of pepper until smooth. Store covered in the fridge until ready to use. This make a lot of dressing! You will not use it all! Save the rest for later in the week!
- Toss the chopped lettuce with a little bit of dressing. Spoon lettuce into cooled parmesan cups and top with croutons! Serve immediately!