Because sometimes it’s just too hard to decide. Cookie? Brownie? Well, why not both! I know, you’re welcome.
And we’re just in time for Valentine’s Day! So naturally, I had to use V-day colored M&M’s.
What kind of person are you? Cookie or brownie? I’m 100% a cookie monster, but somehow when they’re together I just can’t resist.
And I only half cheated. I used my favorite boxed brownie mix, but made the cookie dough from scratch.
You can do it too!
For the cookie dough
- 1 stick unsalted butter (melted)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 egg (at room temperature)
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup M&M’s plus more for topping
For the brownies
- 1 box Ghirardelli Triple Chocolate Brownie Mix
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 egg
- 1) ) Grease a 9×9 baking pan and set aside. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Using a stand alone mixer, or hand mixer, and beat the butter and brown sugar until smooth. Add the vanilla and egg and beat on low speed until just combined.
- 2) Add the flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix until crumbles form. Use your hands to press the crumbles together to form a dough that is easy to handle. Add the M&M’s and mix to combine. Set aside.
- 3) In a separate bowl mix together the brownie mix with the canola oil, water and egg.
- 4) Press the cookie dough into the baking pan until there’s one even layer. Pour the brownie mix over the cookie dough. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool completely before cutting!!
Adapted from My Soft Baked Chocolate Chip Cookies