Because sometimes it’s just too hard to decide. Cookie? Brownie? Well, why not both! I know, you’re welcome.
And we’re just in time for Valentine’s Day! So naturally, I had to use V-day colored M&M’s.
What kind of person are you? Cookie or brownie? I’m 100% a cookie monster, but somehow when they’re together I just can’t resist.
And I only half cheated. I used my favorite boxed brownie mix, but made the cookie dough from scratch.
You can do it too!
- 1 stick unsalted butter melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 egg at room temperature
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup M&M's plus more for topping
- 1 box Ghirardelli Triple Chocolate Brownie Mix
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 egg
1) ) Grease a 9x9 baking pan and set aside. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Using a stand alone mixer, or hand mixer, and beat the butter and brown sugar until smooth. Add the vanilla and egg and beat on low speed until just combined.
2) Add the flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix until crumbles form. Use your hands to press the crumbles together to form a dough that is easy to handle. Add the M&M's and mix to combine. Set aside.
3) In a separate bowl mix together the brownie mix with the canola oil, water and egg.
4) Press the cookie dough into the baking pan until there's one even layer. Pour the brownie mix over the cookie dough. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool completely before cutting!!
Adapted from My Soft Baked Chocolate Chip Cookies