Oh, hi brownies. Let’s be friends. You guys know I’m not typically a big brownie person. I’d choose a cookie or a piece of cake over a brownie anyday. BUT, these brownies? Yes please.
These brownies are special, as all dessert recipes should be this time of year. Peppermint cheesecake chocolate chip? Holy oh-em-gee YES! But let’s talk about the secret ingredient in these brownies. The thing that makes these extra super special.
Your friends and family will love them! I even love them, and you know that’s saying a lot coming from me.
They’re so hard to resist. Nobody’s looking, go ahead. I won’t tell.
Peppermint Cheesecake Chocolate Chip Brownies
- 3 Candy Cane Lane Celestial Tea Bags
- ½ cup very hot water
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter melted and slightly cooled
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
For the Cream Cheese mixture
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8x8 square cake pan and set aside. Place the tea bags in the water and let steep for 5-7 minutes. Then remove teabags and let cool.
- 2) In a small bowl mix the flour and cocoa powder. Set aside.
- 3) In a separate large bowl blend the eggs, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until well combined. Add the melted butter and cooled tea. Slowly add the flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- 4) In a separate bowl blend the cream cheese sugar, egg and peppermint extract until smooth. Fold carefully into brownie mixture.
- 5) Pour batter into the prepared baking pan and top with chocolate chips. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Allow to cool completely in the pan before slicing.