So far 2015 has proven to be the year of opportunity. Things just seem to be falling into place, great opportunities are being presented, and it’s just so damn inspiring! My brain is full of ideas, anticipation, and excitement, and I CANNOT wait to share and experience these things with you!
Yes, you… My invisible internet friends 🙂
On days like this when I’m feeling especially superwoman-ish, I need my fuel, and these protein pancakes are the perfect quick and easy breakfast.
Now, let me be very very clear. This is NOT your typical light and fluffy pancake recipe. These are much heavier in terms of texture, but they are PACKED with protein (and flavor) to give you the energy you need to go about your day. Eating just one of these puppies will fill you right up.
Serve em warm with
a little a lot of maple syrup. Yes please.
Power Protein Pancakes
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Maple syrup for serving
- Blend all the ingredients (except for the butter) together in a blender or food processor until smooth. Batter is very thick!! If you want, add more almond milk one tablespoon at a time to thin it out a little.
- Melt butter in a nonstick pan over medium heat. Pour batter into pan 1/4 - 1/2 cup at a time. Cook for about 2-3 minutes on each side, or until lightly browned and cooked through. Unlike normal pancakes this batter does not form the little bubbles on top to let you know when to flip. Just watch them and flip when lightly browned on the bottom.
- Best served hot with maple syrup.