Red, white, and blueberry salad. HAHAHAHAHAHA!
Raise your hand if you’ve been assigned to bring a side, or a salad, or any sort of dish to a BBQ this weekend.
I know. It’s like the day before, and you’re STILL trying to decide what to make! I get it.
It’s got sweet, salty, creamy, and crunchy. Pretty much my check list of must-haves when creating a salad.
- 4 cups baby spinach (and/or mixed with baby kale)
- 1/4 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup sliced strawberries
- 1/3 cup blueberries
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta
- 2 tablespoons chopped pistachios
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1) Put the spinach in a bowl and top with the quinoa, strawberries, blueberries, feta, and pistachios. Drizzle dressing over salad and serve.
- 1) In a small bowl whisk together the mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice, rice wine vinegar, olive oil, and salt until well combined.