- 2 cups cooked wild rice (about ½ cup raw)
- 2 large sweet potatoes (peeled and diced (about 3–4 cups))
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups arugula
- ½ cup cashew pieces
For the dressing
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 2 lemons – more to taste)
- Zest of the lemons
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons honey (or agave)
- 1 clove garlic
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Cook the wild rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, make the dressing by pureeing all the dressing ingredients in a food processor. When the rice is done, toss it with a little bit of the dressing and refrigerate. Let it rest for a little while so it takes on the flavors of the dressing.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place the sweet potato pieces directly on a baking sheet. Drizzle with the oil and sprinkle with the chili powder, salt, and pepper. Stir directly on the pan to get everything mixed. Roast for 20-25 minutes, stirring every so often to keep from burning. When the sweet potatoes are golden brown on the outside, remove from the oven and set aside.
- Toss the arugula, wild rice, sweet potatoes, cashews, and the remaining dressing together. Serve warm or cold.
Adapted from Pinch of Yum