There’s nothing I love more than a big bowl of comfort food. Especially when I know I’m getting a meal full of protein, and packed with flavor! I mean, how great is it to crave something comforting and still feel good about what you’re eating? It’s kind of my goal in life… To feel good about comfort food.
I’ve partnered with Yves Veggie Cuisine to show you how easy it is to incorporate protein into your everyday meals and snacks. Sooooo, we’ve known each other for a couple of years now, and I’m not sure we’ve discussed my love for falafel? Um, I LOVE falafel ❤️ . Not just any old falafel, it’s gotta be good. And that’s why I’m so excited to finally find a brand that I love and can easily make at home! Yay for ease!
Yves Veggie Cuisine Falafel Balls are the perfect addition to these bowls. They’re packed with protein, will help energize your day, and FINALLY vegans and vegetarians don’t have to compromise on taste or ingredients to eat more healthfully! Hooray! ?
While I’m neither a vegan, nor a vegetarian, I love to have a good vegetarian option easily accessible in my fridge. These are it! Simply pop Yves Veggie Cuisine Falafel Balls in the oven for 10-15 minutes and you’ve got the perfect snack, appetizer, or addition to your favorite bowl!
The best part about making bowls is that you can add whatever veggies you like! Here I’ve included sweet potato, cauliflower, red onion, tomatoes and spinach! I love the color and texture contrast, and they all work perfectly with the falafel balls!
Finish it off with a drizzle of lemon tahini dressing for the perfect comforting meal that you can feel good about?.
- 1 large sweet potato (small dice)
- 1 head cauliflower (chopped into small pieces)
- 1/2 red onion (diced)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups fresh spinach (chopped)
- 6 Yves Veggie Cuisine Falafel Balls
Lemon Tahini Dressing
- 1/4 cup tahini
- Lemon juice
- 1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Add the sweet potatoes and cauliflower to a sheet pan, and the onion and cherry tomatoes to another sheet pan. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of olive oil over each sheet pan. Sprinkle the salt and pepper evenly over both. Toss vegetables until evenly coated. Place in the oven and cook the tomatoes and onions for 20 minutes, and the sweet potatoes and cauliflower for 25 minutes. Remove from oven.
- 2) If there’s room on one of the sheet pans, add the falafel balls for 10-15 minutes until crisp on the outside and warmed through. These can also be made in a toaster oven. Remove and set aside.
- 3) Make the dressing. Add the tahini to a small bowl with 1-2 tablespoons lemon juice (about 1 lemon). Whisk until combined. Add 1 tablespoon of water at a time until your desired consistency. Add salt to taste.
- 4) Assemble the bowls. Divide the chopped spinach into two bowls. If using rice or quinoa, add that to the bowls as well. Divide the roasted veggies and falafel evenly between the two bowls and drizzle with tahini dressing.
*These bowls can also be served over rice or quinoa.
This recipe is sponsored by and in partnership with Yves Veggie Cuisine. As always, all opinions are my own. Thanks for supporting the brands that help make Life is but a Dish possible!