And we’re back! 2018 here we come! It feels like it’s been the longest time since I’ve posted a new recipe, however taking some time off has energized me and I’m more ready than ever to dive head first into some new dishes.
I LOVE this recipe so hard. It’s quick, simple, colorful and packed with flavor.
For those of you who follow along on Instagram, you know that I’m currently doing the 21-Day Sugar Detox. This program was created by my friend Diane Sanfilippo who just released her latest version of the 21-Day Sugar Detox Book. This is the first time I’ve ever done a program like this, and let me just say #1, I really needed it, and #2, I love it.
At this point I’m only 5 days in, but I gotta say even in this short amount of time I’ve noticed some big changes. The book is awesome because it breaks down day-by-day for you with tips, what to expect and recipes.
Here’s my experience so far. The night before I started, I was smart enough to meal prep so when I had the urge to grab a snack I had food prepared. I quickly learned that there’s pretty much nothing that you can just grab and go from your pantry. So sliced veggies, hard boiled eggs, and nuts have been my go-to snacks. Days 1-3 I was definitely feeling strong sugar cravings every single time I ate, and in between meals when I was doing something that I’d rather not be doing.
By day 4 those craving were gone. GONE. And now on day 5, I feel pretty freaking amazing. I can’t even imagine how good I’ll feel after 3 full weeks!
As someone who typically eats fairly clean, this challenge hasn’t been terribly difficult for me. If anything it has opened my eyes and given me the strength to control my emotional cravings, and it’s taught me a lot about food. I plan to continue to share my journey even further as the weeks go on, but for now I wanted to give you the update after the initial 5 days!
More on that later! For now, check out this new recipe that happens to be 21-Day Sugar Detox friendly AND is also simple and delicious! Tons of veggies, chicken sausage and lemony greens to finish it off!
You’re gonna love it.
This Sheet Pan Lemony Roasted Sausage & Veggies is a quick and easy healthy meal that’s great for any night of the week!
- 2 cups brussels sprouts, (halved if large)
- 4 large carrots, peeled and large dice
- 1 onion, large dice
- 1 red bell pepper, large dice
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 package Sun-dried Tomato Chicken Sausage (Trader Joe’s), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 3–4 sprigs of fresh thyme, leaves removed and chopped
- 2–3 handfuls greens (spinach, arugula, mixed greens)
- 1/2 of a lemon
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. In a large bowl add all of the ingredients except for the greens and lemon juice. Toss until the sausage and veggies are well coated.
- Spread evenly onto a sheet pan and roast for 40-45 minutes. Remove from the oven and carefully toss in the greens with the lemon juice. Let the heat from the veggies wilt the greens. Serve immediately!