You guys, I LOVE these cookies.
As if you don’t have enough cookies in your life right now! Please don’t tell me you’re on cookie overload already? These are worth it!
I know, I know, chocolate chip cookies aren’t very holiday-y, but hey… don’t hate on a classic. Eeeeeeeeverybody loves a really good chocolate chip cookie.
Also, I made these cookies for a very special cause. This year I signed up for the 5th annual Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap! This year there were 475 food bloggers that participated, creating yummy cookie recipes and sharing with each other. Upon signing up, you give your donation, and receive the names of your three matches. You bake 3 dozen cookies and send 1 dozen to each of your matches, and watch out in the mail to receive your surprise packages from people who were matched with you!
Today, all participants are posting their cookie recipes on their own blogs! So fun!! The Great Food Blogger Swap partners with Cookies for Kids’ Cancer, a national non-profit organization committed to funding new therapies used in the fight against pediatric cancer. So, by participating in the cookie swap we are also supporting a great cause. Which I love! Doing things I already love to do, while making a difference at the same time. A similar idea to my Dinating at Home dinners.
Okay, back to these cookies. If you’re a thin and crispy chocolate chip cookie person, you might as well stop reading now. Or, you probably already have by this point. These cookies are cute, puffy, soft, and deeeeeelicious.
Seriously? This is cookie perfection.Print
Soft Baked Chocolate Chip Cookies
Soft and chewy chocolate chip cookies perfect for any occasion!
- 2 sticks unsalted butter (melted)
- 1 ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 eggs (at room temperature)
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Using a stand alone mixer, or hand mixer, and beat the butter and brown sugar until smooth. Add the vanilla and eggs and beat on low speed until just combined.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix until crumbles form. Use your hands to press the crumbles together to form a dough that is easy to handle. Add the chocolate chips and incorporate using your hands.
- Use a mini ice cream scoop or spoon to scoop out small balls and place on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Press down lightly on each ball, just to flatten a little. Bake for 8-10 minutes until the cookies look puffy and dry and just barely golden. Do not overbake!!!!!!
Adapted from Pinch of Yum
Julie @ Julie's Eats & Treats
You can never go wrong with a classic! I love how thick and chewy these are!
Life is but a Dish
I agree Julie!!!
I’ve been looking for a good, chocolate chip cookie recipe! These look so soft, chewy and delish!
Life is but a Dish
I hope you love these!!