It’s been a while since I’ve posted a good lunch recipe! These days I find that I’m more likely to skip over a good and nutritious lunch because I’m either too busy or just don’t have the time! But, there’s no reason why lunch shouldn’t be as important as any other meal. It’s your bridge between breakfast and dinner! It’s the powerhouse to get you through the hardest part of the day!
Enter: Soy Ginger Peanut Chicken Wraps.
This quick and easy wrap is my idea of lunch perfection. You can make the dressing ahead of time, and even prep ahead some ingredients like the shredded chicken and the veggies. Then simply throw it all together, wrap it up in some Flatout Flatbread and you’ve got lunch! And a great lunch at that!
These wraps are full of colorful veggies, hearty chicken and of course, those crunchy peanuts!
Toss the filling with this simple sauce made with fresh ginger, garlic and lime juice that will have your tastebuds singing!
Move over breakfast and dinner. Lunch is served.
- 1/2 head napa (or green) cabbage, shredded
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 persian cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 1 chicken breast, shredded
- 1/2 cup lightly salted peanuts
- 4 Garden Spinach Flatout Flatbread Wraps
Soy Ginger Dressing
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- In a large bowl add the cabbage, bell pepper, cucumber, scallions, mint and chicken. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the soy sauce, sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, ginger, garlic, lime juice and honey.
- Pour dressing over veggies and toss to coat. Add the peanuts and toss again. Fill each Flatout Flatbread with a little bit of filling and wrap it up! Serve immediately.
This post is sponsored by Flatout Flatbread. Thank you for supporting the brands I love and that help make Life is but a Dish possible.