- 1/2 pound spaghetti (I used quinoa brown rice spaghetti)
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced garlic (about 8–10 cloves)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1) In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the pasta according to package. In a bowl, combine the parmesan and herbs and set aside.
- 2) Meanwhile, in a saucepan over medium/high heat melt the butter. Add the oil, garlic, and salt. Cook for about 2 minutes until garlic is soft and becomes fragrant. Turn off heat and stir in the lemon juice.
- 3) Once pasta is cooked, toss with the garlic sauce. Add half of the parmesan herb mixture and toss again. Serve in two bowls and top with the remaining parmesan mixture. Serve immediately.