I’m sorry you guys. I just couldn’t help myself. I’ve been staring at that box of Thin Mints for weeks now, and I just HAD to throw them in a milkshake. Just in time for Valentine’s Day weekend!
Because what’s more fun than a homemade milkshake?! I’ll tell you what. Cookies in milkshakes! Yaaaaaaaaaas!
And to top it all off? I made you a peppermint whipped cream that’s simply perfection. So grab your Valentine, and make this oh-so-delicious thin mint milkshake immediately!
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- 6–8 tablespoons milk (any kind you like)
- 5–6 Thin Mint cookies
- Crushed Thin Mints & sprinkles for garnish
For the Peppermint Whipped Cream
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream (very cold)
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar (more to taste)
- 1 drop of peppermint extract
- 1) Start by making the whipped cream. Add the heavy cream to a bowl and using a hand blender, mix on low/medium speed until it starts to thicken. Add 1 tablespoon of powdered sugar and blend to combine. Add 1 drop of peppermint extract. This is very strong, so start with 1 drop and add more as needed. Blend until thick and set aside.
- 2) In a blender add the ice cream and milk and blend until smooth. Add the Thin Mints and blend just until cookies are crushed. Pour into a glass, top with whipped cream, crushed cookies, and sprinkles and enjoy!
*If you like your whipped cream a little sweeter, then add 1 teaspoon more of powdered sugar at a time until desired taste.
I love you too.