Artichoke, Asparagus, & Tomato Pasta Salad
A quick and easy delicious pasta salad with fresh tomatoes, grilled artichokes and asparagus.
- 12 ounces dried penne pasta
- 12 ounces asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 12 ounce jar marinated artichokes, chopped
For the dressing
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3-4 tablespoons lemon juice about the juice of 2 lemons
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add a couple large pinches of salt and add the asparagus. Cook for 1-2 minutes, then use a slotted spoon to scoop them out and immediately place them in a bowl of ice water. Drain asparagus and set aside. Bring the same pot of water back to a boil and add the pasta. Cook according to package, about 10-12 minutes.
Meanwhile, make the dressing by whisking together the olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, salt, and oregano.
Once pasta is done cooking, drain and pour into large serving bowl. Toss pasta with a tiny bit of the dressing just so it doesn't stick together. Then add the asparagus, tomatoes, artichokes, and enough dressing to coat well. Toss and serve room temperature or cold!