Chopped Kale Salad w/ Pecans, Cranberries, & Herb Dressing
This salad is filled with my favorite Lacinato kale, pecans, sweet cranberries, and an herb dressing that is to die for! And this dressing is ridiculous. It’s packed with bold flavors like onion, garlic, cayenne, and apple cider vinegar.
- 4-5 cups finely chopped Lacinato kale about 1 large bunch, stems removed
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
For the Herb Dressing
- 1/4 yellow onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice or lime
- Large handful of fresh herbs I used mostly parsley, basil, and a little thyme and mint
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
1) In a large bowl add the chopped kale, pecans, pine nuts, and cranberries. Set aside.
2) In a blender add the onion, garlic, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, herbs, olive oil, cayenne, salt, and pepper. Blend until smooth. Pour over salad, just enough to coat. Store any remaining dressing in the fridge.