Seafood & Potato Stew
A hearty and healthy seafood stew made with halibut, shrimp and potatoes.
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 pound petite potatoes, halved
- 2 (15 ounce) cans seafood stock
- ½ pound halibut, diced in 1 inch pieces
- ½ pound uncooked shrimp, (can also use another type of fish) peeled and deveined
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¾ teaspoon salt
Heat the oil in a large pot over medium/high heat. Add the onion, carrot, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook for 3-5 minutes until veggies begin to soften.
Add the garlic, tomato paste and tomatoes and cook for 5 more minutes.
Add the potatoes and stock and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
Add the halibut and let simmer for 5 minutes. Then add the shrimp, parsley, oregano, red pepper flakes and salt. Cook for 3-5 more minutes until shrimp is pink and cooked through. Serve immediately!