Turkey Taco Bake
An easy and versatile meal made with ground turkey, spices, beans and rice for a delicious weeknight meal.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1.5 pounds ground turkey (or ground beef)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 (14 oz) can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 (4 oz) can diced green chilies
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (12 oz) jar your favorite salsa
- 1 handful cilantro, roughly chopped
- juice from 1 lime
- 2.5 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup shredded cheese (cheddar, jack or a blend)
- sour cream
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Heat a large skillet over medium/high heat. Add the oil, ground turkey, salt, pepper, chili powder, garlic powder and cumin. Break up the meat and cook for about 5-7 minutes until meat is cooked through.
Add the frozen corn, fire roasted tomatoes, green chilies, black beans and salsa and cook for 3-5 minutes until warmed. Add the cilantro and the juice of 1 lime and stir to combine.
Transfer mixture to a large bowl and stir in the cooked rice until mixture is well combined. Pour the entire mixture into a 13x9 baking dish and top with shredded cheese.
Bake for 20-25 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly. Serve with desired toppings, a squeeze of fresh lime juice and enjoy!