Pulled BBQ Chicken Burgers
Pulled BBQ Chicken Burgers are made with sweet BBQ sauce, a quick, tangy slaw, spicy pepper jack cheese and creamy avocado making them a huge crowd pleaser.
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1.5 cups BBQ sauce
- 2 cups shredded cabbage or coleslaw mix
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 4 slices Tillamook Farm Style Thick Cut Pepper Jack Sliced Cheese
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 4 burger buns, lightly toasted
Begin by making the shredded BBQ chicken. I made mine in the Instant Pot, but you can use a slow cooker as well. Place chicken in the Instant pot and pour over the BBQ sauce. Stir to make sure the chicken is fully coated. Cook on high pressure for 10 minutes, quick release and shred. Place chicken back in the Instant Pot to warm until ready to serve. If using a slow cooker, cook on low for 4-6 hours or on high for 2-4 hours.
Make the quick slaw. In a bowl mix together the cabbage, red wine vinegar, apple cider vinegar, rice vinegar and mayonnaise . Set aside.
Once chicken is ready, begin to assemble to burgers. Lightly toast the buns if you want. On the bun layer the cheese, chicken, slaw and avocado. Serve and enjoy!