Lemon Vanilla Butter Cake
Lemon Vanilla Butter Cake is bursting with lemony flavor. The perfect simple cake for any occasion.
- 1.5 cups (3 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2.5 cups sugar
- 5 eggs, at room temperature
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup club soda (not seltzer)
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest (about 2 lemons)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- powdered sugar for sprinkling
Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 10" bundt pan really well and set aside.
In the bowl of an electric mixer (you can also use a hand mixer), beat together the butter and sugar for about 3 minutes until fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
Add the flour in thirds, alternating with the club soda, beating after each addition until smooth. Add the vanilla extract, lemon zest and lemon juice and mix until combined.
Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake 65-75 minutes until golden brown or a cake tester inserted into center of cake comes out clean. Let cake cool in pan for 10-20 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve.