Creamy and delicious homemade nut milk made with only two ingredients!
- 1 cup nuts of your choice (almonds, cashews, hazelnut, etc)
- 3.5 cups water
- Add the nuts and water to a high powered blender and blend on high for 30-60 seconds.
- If the nuts don’t have any skins (cashews, macadamia or blanched almonds), pour milk into a pitcher and store in the fridge for up to one week. If there are skins, pour the milk through a nut milk bag over a large bowl. Squeeze out liquid, then pour the strained milk into a pitcher and store in the fridge.
- To sweeten – add 2-3 pitted dates, and blend.
- Feel free to add a pinch of salt, and/or a dash of cinnamon or vanilla for some extra flavor.
- Soak the nuts in water for 2-8 hours, (then drain and rinse before use) to promote better digestion, but recipe will still work if you skip this step.