Looking for a quick and easy meal that’s both healthy and delicious? Try making this Kale Caesar Salad with Homemade Croutons! With fresh kale, crispy croutons, and a zesty homemade dressing, this salad is the perfect way to add fresh leafy greens to your meal rotation!
For the salad:
- 1 large bunch lacinato kale, finely chopped
- Drizzle of olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh parmesan cheese
For the croutons:
- 2–3 large slices of sourdough bread or any crusty bread
- 2–3 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
For the dressing:
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- juice of ½ lime
- 1 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- ½ cup avocado oil (can also use olive oil)
- For the salad: Add the chopped kale to a large bowl and drizzle with a small amount of olive oil. Use your hands to massage the kale until it begins to soften. Set aside.
- Make the croutons: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Dice the bread into small bite size chunks and place on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper. Use your hands to massage the oil and spices into the bread until they are well coated.
- Spread the bread cubes evenly onto the baking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes, until golden brown. Remove from the oven and let cool completely.
- Make the dressing: Whisk together the mayonnaise, mustard, rice vinegar, worcestershire sauce, garlic, lime juice, pepper and oil until well combined.
- Assemble: Drizzle the massaged kale with some dressing and toss. Finish with parmesan cheese and croutons. Serve and enjoy!
**There will be leftover dressing and will last in the fridge for up to 10 days.
Keywords: kale salad, kale salad with croutons, massaged kale salad, kale caesar salad, kale caesar salad with croutons