This honey butter chicken recipe combines tender bonesless chicken breast with a sweet and buttery homemade sauce. It can be on your table in just 20 minutes, making it perfect for a quick weeknight meal! Plus, check out 19 other tasty chicken breast recipes too.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 ½ pounds chicken breasts, diced into 1 inch pieces (2–3 chicken breasts)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat a large skillet over medium/high heat for 1-2 minutes. Add the olive oil, 1 tablespoon of butter and the chicken. Make sure the chicken is not overcrowded and has room to brown in the skillet in one layer. Do two batches if necessary.
- Cook chicken for about 6-8 minutes until it starts to brown. In a separate bowl, mix the honey, apple cider vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper until well combined.
- Pour sauce over the chicken and add the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter. Cook for another 3-4 minutes until sauce is bubbly and chicken is cooked through. Serve over rice to soak up all the juices!