This quick and easy Chicken Veggie Soup made in the Instant Pot is loaded with fresh veggies like onions, carrots, potatoes and green beans. Add everything to the pot, set it and forget it! A nourishing soup the whole family will love.
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 large carrots, diced
- 2 cups quartered red potatoes (about 7–8 medium potatoes)
- 1 cup greens beans cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 ½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs (if breasts are large, cut them in half)
- 1 (14.5 oz) can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 2 ½ teaspoons salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 cups low sodium chicken stock
- 1 lemon
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons pesto
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Parmesan cheese for serving
- To the bowl of an Instant Pot add the onion, carrots, potatoes, green beans, garlic, chicken, tomatoes, salt, pepper, garlic powder, thyme and chicken stock. Cook on high pressure for 15 minutes.
- Release pressure and remove chicken to shred. Add the juice from 1 lemon, peas, pesto and parsley and stir to combine. Add the shredded chicken back into the pot. Serve immediately with lots of fresh parmesan cheese.